Georgia Tech at No. 1 Georgia
Saturday, Nov. 26 · Noon ET · Athens, Ga. · Sanford Stadium
r-Sr. DL Keion White (6 – above) became the only ACC player this season and the first Georgia Tech player since Jeremiah Attaochu in 2013 (vs. Georgia) to record as many as seven tackles, three sacks and four tackles for loss in a single game when he accomplished the feat last Saturday at No. 13/11 North Carolina.
• Georgia Tech closes its regular season on Saturday with the 116th edition of “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate” at archrival and No. 1-ranked Georgia.
• Georgia Tech is coming off its biggest win in recent memory, a 21-17 triumph at No. 13/11 North Carolina last Saturday.
• North Carolina was the highest-ranked team that the Yellow Jackets have beaten since their “Miracle on Techwood Drive” 22-16 win over No. 9 Florida State in 2015 and the highest-ranked opponent that Tech has beaten on the road since it topped No. 9/10 Georgia in overtime, 30-24, in 2014.
• With the win at UNC, Georgia Tech moved to 4-3 under interim head coach Brent Key, which includes a 2-0 record versus nationally ranked opponents.
• Georgia Tech’s defense keyed the win at North Carolina, as it limited the Tar Heels’ high-powered offense (ranked No. 4 nationally in total offense going into the game) and Heisman Trophy candidate QB Drake Maye to 23 points, 140 total yards and 139 passing yards below UNC’s season averages.
• r-Sr. DL Keion White was named the Bednarik Award National Defensive Player of the Week after becoming the only Atlantic Coast Conference player this season to record seven tackles, three sacks and four tackles for loss in a game.
• Georgia Tech received votes in this week’s AFCA Coaches Poll (two points), marking the first time since 2018 that the Yellow Jackets have received votes in a major national poll and the first time since 2017 that the Jackets have pulled down multiple points in voting.
Competitive Drive Initiative
In a unified endeavor, Georgia Tech, the Georgia Tech Foundation, Georgia Tech athletics and the Alexander-Tharpe Fund have come together to accelerate funding for student-athlete scholarships with the launch of the Competitive Drive Initiative. The initiative kicks off with the Accelerate GT Match Program, where any new gift to the A-T Fund’s Athletic Scholarship Fund made through Dec. 31 will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Georgia Tech Foundation, up to $2.5 million. Should Accelerate…