XFL additions and other post-rookie minicamp moves led to some action on the waiver wire Tuesday. As other teams add talent from the latest XFL effort, here are the latest NFL moves:
- Placed on IR: RB B.J. Baylor
- Signed: LB Ayinde Eley, DL Antwuan Jackson, WR Gary Jennings, WR Marquez Stevenson, LB/TE Jordan Thomas
- Waived/injured: S Nico Bolden
- Signed: CB Chris Westry
- Signed: K John Parker Romo
Green Bay Packers
- Claimed (from Dolphins): T DJ Scaife
- Signed: LB Ian Swenson
Los Angeles Rams
- Claimed (from Saints): DB Vincent Gray
- Signed: FB Zach Ojile, OL Sam Schlueter
New York Giants
- Released from PUP (via injury settlement): S Terrell Burgess
New York Jets
- Claimed (from Falcons): CB Javelin Guidry
A former 60-meter dash finalist at the U.S. Indoor Track and Field Championships, Guidry has bounced around the league. But the Jets are bringing back the young cornerback. Guidry played 28 games for the team from 2020-21. A fellow DB, Westry started two games for the Ravens in 2021; he will relocate to Cleveland.
Jackson, Jennings and Thomas all played in the XFL this season and auditioned for the Panthers at their recent rookie minicamp. The Panthers tried Thomas at both tight end and linebacker over the weekend. Although Thomas played in the most recent XFL effort, he was in Colts camp — under current Panthers HC Frank Reich — in 2021. This is Jennings’ seventh NFL stop. The former Seahawks fourth-round pick has not played in the NFL since his 2019 rookie year in Seattle.
Romo joins a Lions team carrying Michael Badgley as its incumbent kicker. The younger specialist has not yet kicked in an NFL game, but the former Virginia Tech kicker played in the XFL this season, making 17 of 19 field goal tries. This included a 57-yarder.