LEXINGTON, Ky. – The No. 8/8/8 Alabama football team scored 21 points in the first quarter and cruised past Kentucky, 49-21, Saturday afternoon inside Kroger Field. With the victory, the Crimson Tide (9-1, 7-0) clinches the SEC West title as well as a spot in the league’s championship game which will be played in Atlanta on Dec. 2.
Quarterback Jalen Milroe once again dominated the statistics enroute to the victory. One week after accounting for 374 total yards and four touchdowns in the win over LSU, the Tide signal-caller was responsible for six total touchdowns (three rush, three pass) against the Wildcats which ties for the second-most by any Alabama player in a game in program history. Milroe would go on to finish the game with 234 yards and three touchdowns through the air while running the ball eight times for 36 yards and another three scores.
A total of 10 different receivers had at least one catch on the day, led by Kobe Prentice’s four catches for 74 yards and a score. Amari Niblack (2-38) and Roydell Williams (2-30) were also on the receiving end of Milroe touchdown passes for Alabama. Jase McClellan paced the Tide’s run game with 43 yards on nine carries.
Alabama’s Caleb Downs led the defense with 12 total tackles, including five solo tackles, to go with a half-sack. Jihaad Campbell added seven tackles, including one tackle for loss, to go with a fumble recovery that set-up a one-yard touchdown, a pass break-up and a quarterback hurry.
- Saturday’s contest was the first meeting between Alabama and Kentucky in Lexington since 2013
- The Tide improved to 16-2 in games played at UK and 39-2-1 in the all-time series
- Head coach Nick Saban is now 9-0 in games he’s coached against Kentucky (5-0 while at Alabama)
- Jalen Milroe’s six touchdowns responsible for against the Wildcats matched Bryce Young vs. Utah State on Sept. 3, 2022 (five passing and one rushing) and Tua Tagovailoa vs. Auburn on Nov. 24, 2018 (five passing and one rushing) for the second-most by any UA player in program history
- Across his last two games, Milroe has been accountable for 644 total yards and 10 total touchdowns which include seven on the ground and three through the…