The Minnesota Vikings have released their initial injury report for Sunday night’s game against the Denver Broncos and it’s relatively deep. The Vikings did not practice on Wednesday but held a walkthrough.
- CB Akayleb Evans (calf): Did not practice
- K Greg Joseph (not injury related-personal matter): Did not practice
- RB Alexander Mattison: (concussion): Did not practice
- ILB Brian Asamoah (ankle): Limited
- QB Jaren Hall (concussion): Limited
- TE T.J. Hockenson (ribs): Limited
- QB Nick Mullens (back): Limited
- QB Josh Dobbs (ankle): Full
- DE Dean Lowry (groin): Full
- WR K.J. Osborn (concussion): Full
- G Chris Reed (foot): Full
The biggest additions to the list are Evans, Mattison and Dobbs. Evans suffered his injury on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. The team has some hope that Mattison will play on Sunday despite not participating in the walkthrough. Dobbs’ ankle is a new injury that wasn’t reported before.
Lowry did see improvement from last week being listed as a full participant. He looks to be on track to play against the Broncos. Asamoah still hasn’t improved from last week. His injury paired with Hicks being hurt explains the Anthony Barr signing.
Thursday’s injury report will tell us more about who will play on Sunday.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.